Some nouns that end in f make plural by adding ves. Hair Ribbon Lengths X X X X X X X X X X X 8 8¼ 8½ 8¾ 9 9¼ 9½. Choose 3-in-a-row to solve.

Similar documents
Alan ate an apple. Are lucy saveing pennys dimes and quarters. possession [noun] Anything that you own is a possession.

Some nouns that end in o make plural by adding es. finest kingdom opulence. i beleive claras is the comfyst room Ive seen

is aidan likeing his birthday

Mexico. Sight Words. ready. which. piece. hopeless. o $2.30 o $1.05 o $1.25. Write a compound sentence about autumn. Use,so.

lunch excluded me and randle got cavitys from the candys Sugar in Cereals Berry Burst Cheerios Trix Cinnamon Toast Crunch Corn Chex

Curtis Cindy Canada. the auther hurryd to finish the trilogy. conjuror [noun] A person who does magic tricks is a conjuror. o 649 o 449 o

forty-one we will driv home on friday o where o whar o whaer brute [noun] A brute is a mean, rough man. o 10 o 9 o 11 o 1 o 15 o 8

Compare and Contrast Fables

English/Language Arts Test 8

short long short long short long

TABLE OF CONTENTS. Free resource from Commercial redistribution prohibited. Language Smarts TM Level D.

SAMPLE. Grammar, punctuation and spelling. Paper 1: short answer questions. English tests KEY STAGE LEVELS. First name. Middle name.

South Avenue Primary School. Name: New Document 1. Class: Date: 44 minutes. Time: 44 marks. Marks: Comments: Page 1

How does growing up change us?

flower street snow bath suit rain sun block light pot coat star fish bird 5. A kind of lotion you put on your skin in the summer

Key stage 2 - English grammar, punctuation and spelling practice paper

Developed in Consultation with Pennsylvania Educators

Table of Contents TABLE OF CONTENTS

In years 3, 4 and 5 children are expected to: Read daily at home. Bring library books back to school every week. If the library book is unfinished,

SAMPLE. Grammar, punctuation and spelling. Paper 1: short answer questions. English tests KEY STAGE LEVELS. First name. Middle name.

PEAK Generalization Pre-Assessment: Assessor Script and Scoring Guide Learner: Assessment Date: Assessor:

TES SPaG Practice Test Level 3-5 set 2

Unit 12 Superstitions

hand chicken knot bunk

Grammar, punctuation and spelling

Anglia ESOL International Examinations. Preliminary Level (A1) Paper CC115 W1 [5] W3 [10] W2 [10]

Second Grade ELA Test Second Nine- Week Study Guide

Summary. Comprehension Skill. Name. What Jo Did. Activity. Activity. Cause and Effect

1. As you study the list, vary the order of the words.

Often Confused Words

Useful Definitions. a e i o u. Vowels. Verbs (doing words) run jump

Skill-Builders. Grades 5-6. Grammar & Usage. Writer Sarah Guare. Editorial Director Susan A. Blair. Project Manager Erica L.

Key stage 2. English grammar, punctuation and spelling. Paper 1: questions national curriculum tests. First name. Middle name.

winter but it rained often during the summer

Georgia Performance Standards for Second Grade

SAMPLE BOOKLET Published July 2015

SAMPLE. Morning Questions. Ginny A. Dowd. The Phonics Dance Way Volume 1. (Revision )

Language Arts EL 1. 3.RF.1: Fluency. Level 4. Level 3. Level 2. Level 1

Al Khozama International School, Dammam (B. E. S. T. Schools, Saudi Arabia) Class: 4 Worksheet- 1 Subject: English Annual Exam SECTION A- READING

Key stage 2. English grammar, punctuation and spelling. Paper 1: questions national curriculum tests. First name. Middle name.

in the park, my mum my sister on the swing. 2 In the sentence below, Dad booked the cinema tickets before he collected them.

Selection Comprehension

WRITING FOLDER BOOKLET

Contents. Section 1 VERBS...57

1600 F Street, Napa, California (fax) END OF EIGHTH GRADE ASSESSMENT CUMULATIVE

3rdla_grammarsentence (3rdla_grammarsentence)

NOUN CLAUSE SELF-TEST

School: Phone: Principal:

SUMMER PACKET. Incoming 4th Graders

Second Grade ELA Third Nine-Week Study Guide

Langua ge Arts GA MilestonesStudy Guide: 3rd

0:40 CONVENTIONS. year. TEACHER: please complete these details (if blank) STUDENT: please print name. Use 2B or HB pencil only SESSION 1

Week 1 of 2nd sw: Tuesday 10/10/17

Understanding Characters

The rude man had extremely dirty finger nails. (1 mark) a) Circle the three words in the sentence above that should start with a capital letter.

Room 6 First Grade Homework due on Tuesday, November 3rd

House of Language International Schools HOLIS. Language Worksheets 1 st Semester Gr.5 Page 1

Graphic Texts And Grammar Questions

Adjectives That Compare

Before Reading. Introduce Everyday Words. Use the following steps to introduce students to Celebrate!

EYFS Curriculum Months. Personal, Social and Emotional Development Physical Development Communication and Language

My Writing Handbook. 5th Grade

Which sentence uses inverted commas correctly?

Grade Two Homework. February - Week 1

Key stage 1. English grammar, punctuation and spelling. Paper 2: questions national curriculum tests. First name. Middle name.

Table of Contents. Introduction Capitalization

Our basketball team, the Hawks, just

The hungry cats looked longingly at the delicious fish.

0:40 CONVENTIONS. year. Use 2B or HB pencil only SESSION 1. Time available for students to complete test: 40 minutes

Math Conversation Starters

Lauderdale County School District Pacing Guide Sixth Grade Language Arts / Reading First Nine Weeks

Name. and. but. yet. nor

Key Stage 2 example test paper

SECOND GRADE BENCHMARKS

Word Fry Phrase. one by one. I had this. how is he for you

Table of Contents. Defining the Sentence Exploring Four Kinds of Sentences Managing Subject-Verb Agreement... 10

Unit 10 - The Prince and the Dragon

Language Arts CRCT Study Guide: 4 th

Memorial Day, by Ann Weil

LANGLEY SCHOOL. Your Little Literacy Book

Developed in Consultation with Tennessee Educators

Skill-Builders. Grades 4 5. Grammar & Usage. Writer Sarah Guare. Editorial Director Susan A. Blair. Project Manager Erica L.

STYLE. Sample Test. School Tests for Young Learners of English. Form A. Level 1

Families Have Rules. homework rule. family dishes. Write the words and then match them to the correct pictures.

Houghton Mifflin Reading 2001 Houghton Mifflin Company Grade Two. correlated to Chicago Public Schools Reading/Language Arts

Finding Parts of Books

*Theme Draw: After you draw your theme in class, find and circle it below. *THIS THEME WILL BE THE FOCUS OF ALL THREE PARAGRAPHS OF YOUR ESSAY

Unit 12:Adjective Clauses. Todd Windisch, Spring 2015

THE LANGUAGE MAGICIAN classroom resources. Pupil's worksheets Activities

PRE-ADOLESCENTS BEGINNERS WEB SAMPLE 2018 NEW CONTENTS

Name Date Unit 3 - Wk.5 Stirring Up Memories. Daily Language Arts / Math

Reading Check. 86 Unit 1 Resource Manager

IBPS Pronouns Notes for Bank Exam

Punctuation Parts 1 & 2 E N G L I S H 2 1 M S. B R O W N

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

Good Morning WORK. Reading + Language Skills. October 2 nd Grade. Kelley Dolling <

Transcription:

2013 second story window one hundred forty-one I felt sorrow when I lost the game. I felt sorrow when my dog died and when my friend moved. What does sorrow mean? When have you felt sorrow? Some nouns that end in f make plural by adding ves. Theres an fantastik old cabin in atlantic iowa Singular: Plural: Latvia Levi s Louvre gumption [noun] You have gumption if you have the bravery and confidence to get something done. Draw a picture of the word. Ava measured the length of her hair ribbons in inches. Hair Ribbon Lengths X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X 8 8¼ 8½ 8¾ 9 9¼ 9½ 1. ribbons are 8 ½ inches long. 2. Five ribbons are inches long. 3. ribbons are nine inches or longer. 4. There are more 9 ¼ inch ribbons than 8 inch ribbons. 5. The same amount of ribbons are and inches. My bedroom is 5 meters long and 3 meters wide. What is the area of my bedroom? Choose 3-in-a-row to solve. 516 +377 808 194 639 +104 318 97 907 431 492 +209 mass: amount of matter in something The mass of this shell is about grams 211 +563 702 458 860 373 What is the same as: 3 hundreds 14 tens o 440 o 314 o 404

one hundred forty-two We had a great day playing at the beach with some friends. Getting to stay up really late was just the icing on the cake. What does icing on the cake mean? Write a complex sentence that starts with since. secondstorywindow.net Fill in the blank with a possessive pronoun: my, your, her, their, our That is Lowrie s nickel. That is nickel. Trace. Then write it twice. Lexus My sentence has: correct capitals correct punctuation best try at spelling makes sense Sight Words Write one letter in each box. Spell the words correctly. give follow question truth Break apart each word. Write the suffix and its meaning, the base word, and a simple definition for each word. word suffix means base word definition correction invention selection protection hibernation -ion = the act of -ion = the act of -ion = the act of correct invent the act of correcting My brother threw 32 snowballs. It took him 4 minutes. He threw the same number of snowballs each minute. How many snowballs did he throw in 1 minute? About how much does an elephant weigh at birth? 862 347 + 148 792 + 249 kilograms I have $5.60 in dimes. How many dimes do I have? o 56 o 560 o 50

2013 second story window one hundred forty-three Write ick, ic, or x to finish each word. traff st prefi qu remi picn Some nouns that end in fe make plural by adding ves. the two owls hoots was loudest than the wind Singular: Plural: Georgia Google Gabby gumption [noun] You have gumption if you have the bravery and confidence to get something done. Examples or synonyms: Nonexamples or antonyms: Write the number in expanded form: Draw the base-10 blocks: = 1 =10 =100 How many groups of 10 are in 106? 106 100 more 100 less 10 more 10 less Circle true or false. The closest ten to 106 is 100. TRUE FALSE The nursery had 804 flowers. They sold some of them. Now they have 281 flowers left. How many flowers did they sell? Draw to show 3 3 = 9. Draw to show 7 2 = 14. A number has 16 tens and 4 hundreds. What is the number? Write a 3-digit number with a 0 in it. What is the value of 0 in your number? What fraction is marked on the line? o 4 / 3 o 4 / 5 o 3 / 4

secondstorywindow.net one hundred forty-four Add -ion to the end of each word. suggest act construct Use one of the words to complete the sentence. You gave a good. Write the missing comma & quotation marks to fix the sentence. I asked Did you see a rainbow? I don t like chicken Owen said. Write something you might say to a crowd. Use quotation marks. Trace. Then write it twice. Guinea My sentence has: correct capitals correct punctuation best try at spelling makes sense Sight Words Use a word in the box to complete each sentence. truth give question follow a sock my opinion: Would you rather be Use complete sentences. a shoe 1. Can I the path? strong reason #1 strong reason #2 strong reason #3 2. Do you have a? 3. Always tell the. 4. Please me a hand. There were some cowboys at the rodeo when it started. 206 more cowboys arrived. Now there are 639 cowboys at the rodeo. How many cowboys were there when the rodeo started? 6 2 = 12 12 2 = 5 4 = 20 20 4 = 7 3 = 21 21 3 = 8 = 32 32 8 = Partition the line into 3 equal parts. One part is done for you. Label each fraction on the line. 1 / 3 3 / 3 2 / 3 0 / 3 2 = 14 14 2 = 9 = 27 27 9 = o 8:55 o 11:40 o 7:55

2013 second story window one hundred forty-five I can describe a character s thoughts, actions, and feelings. Hoop-Hoop-Hooray! The school talent show was coming up. Every time Jazmin walked past one of the posters she rolled her eyes, but she was the only one; everyone else was excited. As they walked to PE, Jazmin listened to the happy chatter around her. What are you going to do for the talent show? Brielle asked. Jazmin shrugged. I m not really good at anything. I m talentless. Karine gave her a pat on the back. Jazmin knew her friends were just trying to be nice, but talking about it with them made her feel worse. When they got to class, the teacher had a surprise for them: hula hoops! Each student got a hoop and they spread out on the floor. Kids were squirming and wiggling as hard as they could, but all over the gym you could hear hoops crashing to the floor. All of the hoops, that is, except one Jazmin s. Soon everyone stopped to watch. The hula hoop whirled around and around her waist. She slowed it down and sped it up again. She twirled it on her arm, on a leg, even on her neck. Go Jazmin! Go Jazmin! the other students chanted. Nothing could stop that hoop! At the end of class she caught up with her friends. I m not talentless anymore. I know what to do for the talent show, Jazmin told them. And you better watch out because I just might win!

one hundred forty-six secondstorywindow.net prediction [noun] Your idea of what will happen in the future is a prediction. Which words mean about the same as prediction? guess disagree foresee expect Some nouns that end in f make plural by adding ves. Carrows book have elfs dwarfs and dragons Singular: Plural: Shopko Sharpie Steven gumption [noun] You have gumption if you have the bravery and confidence to get something done. What meaning does this word have in your life? My connection to the word: Number Line Facts Show the first fact on top of the number line. Show the second fact on the bottom number line. 6 5 = 30 5 6 = What do you notice? A packet of flower seeds v costs $5 each. How much do 8 packets cost? Use the code to write the problem. Then solve. N + 158 = 345 = 602 = 497 = 158 = + = A parallelogram has 2 sets of parallel lines. Examples: A trapezoid only has 1 set of parallel lines. Circle the trapezoid s parallel lines. A number has 4 tens and 25 ones. What is the number? o 425 o 65 o 29

2013 second story window one hundred forty-seven Cross out the words with a different vowel sound than shout. snow out boy clown one ground brown grown though count bowl cough south Write a compound sentence about snow. Use,yet. Fill in the blank with a possessive pronoun: my, your, his, their, our They have a little chick. It is chick. Trace. Then write it twice. Serbia My sentence has: correct capitals correct punctuation best try at spelling makes sense Sight Words Write each word in the box it fits. Open a book. Hunt for words to list in each box. group half vacation through Proper nouns need capitals! My block tower has 36 blocks. It has 4 times as many blocks as Merrick s block tower. How many blocks are in Merrick s tower? Solve the problems. If there are more ODD answers than even, color the monster blue. If there are more EVEN answers, color him yellow. 251 + 170 306 39 358 + 417 736 582 It s 1:50. Jackson has been riding his bike for 40 minutes. When did he start riding? 2 / 3 2 / 3 o > o < o =

Celebration is the act of celebrating. What does direction mean? What does collection mean? one hundred forty-eight Some nouns that end in f make plural by adding ves. last friday we has an picnic in the meadoe secondstorywindow.net Singular: Plural: Europe Eastern Everest It took a lot of gumption to say area: the measure of space inside a shape Write the length and width of each rectangle. Multiply to find the area. 1 cm figure length width area A cm cm cm 2 B cm cm cm 2 C cm cm cm 2 At the bakery there are 205 plain brownies and 92 mint brownies. How many brownies are at the bakery? 7 4 = 70 4 = 5 3 = 50 3 = 8 6 = 80 6 = Show 347 on the number line. Underline the 2 tens that the number is between. Circle the closest ten. 347 rounds to. 6 = 48 o 54 o 8 o 12

2013 second story window one hundred forty-nine Write the words in order from weakest to strongest. purr growl howl roar weakest strongest Write the missing comma & quotation marks to fix the sentence. The pillow is mine said Mick. I asked Who took the lawnmower? Write a sentence about 3 things that are relaxing. Use commas. Trace. Then write it twice. Earth My sentence has: correct capitals correct punctuation best try at spelling makes sense Sight Words Unscramble the letters. Show the multiplication fact in 4 different ways. repeated addition picture of sets group half vacation through t a a c o v n i f l a h area 3 6 array h h g u t o r gpuro Harlowe sold 207 tickets to the band concert. She sold 112 fewer tickets than Knowlton. How many tickets did Knowlton sell? 6 2 = 6 3 = 15 3 = 15 5 = Three-sixths is: exactly 0 exactly ½ exactly 1 3 / 6 and make 1 whole. o 2:30 o 2:31 o 6:10

one hundred fifty secondstorywindow.net I can use clues to find the meaning of unknown words. Hoop-Hoop-Hooray! The school talent show was coming up. Every time Jazmin walked past one of the posters she rolled her eyes, but she was the only one; everyone else was excited. As they walked to PE, \ Jazmin listened to the happy chatter around her. What are you going to do for the talent show? Brielle asked. Jazmin shrugged. I m not really good at anything. I m talentless. Karine gave her a pat on the back. Jazmin knew her friends were just trying to be nice, but talking about it with them made her feel worse. When they got to class, the teacher had a surprise for them: hula hoops! Each student got a hoop and they spread out on the floor. Kids were squirming and wiggling as hard as they could, but all over the gym you could hear hoops crashing to the floor. All of the hoops, that is, except one Jazmin s. Soon everyone stopped to watch. The hula hoop whirled around and around her waist. She slowed it down and sped it up again. She twirled it on her arm, on a leg, even on her neck. Go Jazmin! Go Jazmin! the other students chanted. Nothing could stop that hoop! At the end of class she caught up with her friends. I m not talentless anymore. I know what to do for the talent show, Jazmin told them. And you better watch out because I just might win! What does talentless mean? What clues helped you figure it out? Whisper read the passage to yourself. Rate your reading fluency. Accuracy I read the words correctly. Pace I wasn t too fast, I wasn t too slow. Punctuation I paused at the punctuation marks. Like Talking I read smoothly, not choppy. Expression I give the words some feeling. 5 apples = perfect 4 apples = pretty good 3 apples = alright 2 apples = I could do better 1 apple = I didn t try Next time I will work on.